What is Music Hub?
Music Hub gives students an opportunity to learn to play a variety of musical instruments. The Music Hub provides students a chance to develop a lifelong appreciation of music and an enthusiasm for learning, all in a nurturing environment with supportive teachers.
Why is music important for your child?
Research findings show that music can increase a child’s ability to learn, especially in reading and mathematics.
- One report linked the study of music, including the rhythmic, tonal and practical skills it provides, to superior cognitive performance in reading.
- Neuroscientists also underlined the benefits of an education in music when they discovered that music uses more parts of the brain than most other activities. These are the same areas of the brain which are involved in analytical and mathematical thinking.
- Another study showed that music education can positively impact our physical and mental well-being, including relieving anxiety, promoting relaxation, lowering heart rate and blood pressure, and also helping with social development.
While music can increase our ability to learn, the benefits of education in music reach beyond the classroom and academic settings. Music teaches your child to connect with themselves and others. It teaches them how to make decisions and in problem-solving. It raises self-esteem and opens doors to dreams and aspirations.
Who should enrol?
Music Hub accepts students from year 1/grade 1 and above. Whether your child is preparing for the Trinity/ABRSM music exams, brushing up on musical skills, or learning to play a musical instrument for the very first time, our teachers are committed to helping your child achieve their musical goal.
Which Instruments can my child learn?
- Strings - Violin, Viola, Cello
- Woodwinds - Clarinet, Saxophone, Flute, Oboe, Recorder
- Guitar - acoustic, classical, electric, bass
- Drum kit
- Brass–Trumpet, Trombone
What are the lesson options?
- Online via Microsoft Teams (on all instruments)
- Face-to-face lessons after school in selected schools (on some instruments)
- Face-to-face lessons on a Saturday at GEMS Wellington Academy - Al Khail (WEK)
Key Features of the Music Hub
- Professional, experienced teachers.
- 30-minute one-to-one lessons (60-minute lessons are available on request).
- Music lessons will occur during the school day in schools with practice rooms. Students are placed on a rotating timetable so that they do not miss the same curriculum lesson each week.
- There is limited availability for lessons before and after school and on a Saturday at GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO). Please contact email@example.com in advance of enrolment to check availability.
- In schools with no practice rooms lessons will be offered after school in another, local GEMS school or on a Saturday at WSO subject to availability.
- Option to prepare for ABRSM and Guildhall Trinity music examinations.
- Performance opportunities at school assemblies and concerts.
- Access to GEMS Saturday Music, including choirs and orchestra.
- Theory lessons in preparation for ABRSM Grade 1 – 5 examinations.
- 1 term (10 x 30 minute lessons): AED 1,600
- Full year (30 x 30 minute lessons): AED 4,560